ssing the Culture of Indian Muslims using Giger and Davidhizar Transcultural Assessment Model
This 16 page paper is a PowerPoint presentation made up of 12 slides and speaker notes, using Giger and Davidhizar Transcultural Assessment Model to assess the cultural characteristics present in Muslim Indian patients and families, with consideration of the way the cultural influences will impact on nursing care. The bibliography cites 11 sources.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- For this Discussion, you will investigate how another organization conducts assessments. Begin by finding out whatever you can through Web searching about your local or state health department's approach to assessment and strategic planning. Find out also if there are initiatives at the state level to coordinate health assessments from the various communities in the state. If so, are there tools and forms available to do that? (See the Iowa state Web site as an example: http://www.idph.state.ia.us/chnahip/reports_2005.asp.) Then locate and interview someone who has been involved in community health assessment and strategic planning at either a local or state level. To find a person to interview, contact your local health department. Depending on the size of the department, you may wish to ask to interview the director or else ask to be referred to someone who has participated in assessment and strategic planning. If you prefer, you could instead call your state health department; each state should have personnel who deal with coordinating strategic plans from individual counties, and one of these individuals might be a good person to interview. Your interview may be conducted over the phone or via e-mail, or in person if you prefer. (Note: You must transcribe or summarize your interview and post it.) Prepare your thoughts and questions carefully in advance so you can be succinct in your interview. In your interview, you should ask them questions along these lines, as well as any other questions you think are appropriate to the organization or individual you are working with: 1. How do you assess the needs of your community? How often do you conduct assessments? 2. What use did you make of the assessment data? Did you develop a strategic plan or something similar for your department and/or for the community? Please describe this plan. (For example, how detailed is it? Is it a long-range plan?) 3. What are your thoughts about the assessment process? How well is it working? What are specifc strengths of the process from your perspectives? Any barriers or difficulties to overcome? Then: # Identify the organization and title of the person you contacted (for privacy purposes, however, do not identify the name of the person you interviewed). # Summarize the findings of your interview, highlighting what you found most surprising or interesting regarding the challenges and benefits of the community health assessment process. Is there anything you would do differently or do you have suggestions for improvement? # Post a transcript or detailed summary of the interview as an attachment; this will allow other students who are interested to learn more about this organization's assessment process.
- Written Assignment – Transcultural Model
- Discuss the spirituality, death rituals, and health care practices or beliefs of this culture.?People of Navajo Indian heritage,?The Amish
- What types of issues have Muslims in the United States faced, especially since September 11?
- Standing Alone in Mecca (Campus Progress (2005) calls it “a captivating personal narrative that challenges head-on the misleading stereotypes that have led some Americans to view Muslims as a monolithic enemy.”
- Choose one of the health topics we have covered thus far in the semester and create an intervention to addresses that issue. In your short essay you should identify the health issue, the target audience, describe the intervention, and any expected outcomes. The foundation of the intervention my be based on one of the following theories Health Belief Model, Ecological Model, or Transtheoretical Model and Stages of Change
- Outline and define the term transcultural nursing , its history and relevance in modern nursing practice.
- Transcultural Nursing
- Adaptation and relevance of Hinduism in the Indian Society
- Compare and contrast the religious belief systems found in the Ancient Near East, the Indian subcontinent, and China. What did they have in common? In what respects did they differ?