Major Approaches to Clinical Psychology Presentation
Select one of the following disorders:
- Depressive disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you compare and contrast the major approaches to clinical psychology—psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, and family systems—in relation to the selected disorder. Address the following items:
- Discuss the philosophical origins of each approach.
- Identify the goals of each approach.
- Describe the techniques and strategies used by each approach.
- Explain how each approach affects the treatment strategies for your selected disorder.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of each approach, in relation to your selected disorder, based on treatment outcome research.