th Care and the Internet
A 5 page paper that looks at the importance of Internet services on health care. The paper first looks at the way health care providers utilize the Internet and the special concerns of this process. Then the author describes the way the Internet can be utilized by individuals to promote self-care. Bibliography lists 5 sources. FREE outline included !
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
- In today?s world, the Internet has become a valuable tool for research and communication, enabling users to accomplish in minutes what used to take hours, or even days.In today?s world, the Internet has become a valuable tool for research and communication, enabling users to accomplish in minutes what used to take hours, or even days.
- WANs, MANs, and the Internet – Discussion Internet Architecture
- What are ways that health care laws or regulations affect your health care organization or a health care organization with which you are familiar? (Michigan)
- Critique a reliable internet source that describes a health reform-related public policy
- Using the Internet, the Walden Library, or other trustworthy sources, identify a resource that you could introduce to patients to help them evaluate the credibility of health information found online.
- Personal Autonomy and Health Policy Choose a current health policy issue or law that has ongoing relevance in public health. Some options include, but are not limited to, banning trans fats in local municipalities, controlling the size of sugary drinks sold in restaurants, requiring nutrition information on menus, indoor and outdoor smoking bans, removing sugary drinks from schools, or mandating vaccines for health care workers or children entering school. Describe why the chosen policies or laws are controversial. In your response, discuss how these policies affect personal autonomy (the cost to the individual) to benefit society. Provide a professional statement* on why these policies and laws are important to the overall health of the community. *Personal and professional opinions may or may not align. It is very important in your employment to be able to provide a professional opinion, regardless of how it aligns with your personal beliefs. Professional opinions are based in research and fact and reflect the beliefs of the organization as a whole and all those who work for the organization.
- For this Discussion, you will investigate how another organization conducts assessments. Begin by finding out whatever you can through Web searching about your local or state health department's approach to assessment and strategic planning. Find out also if there are initiatives at the state level to coordinate health assessments from the various communities in the state. If so, are there tools and forms available to do that? (See the Iowa state Web site as an example: http://www.idph.state.ia.us/chnahip/reports_2005.asp.) Then locate and interview someone who has been involved in community health assessment and strategic planning at either a local or state level. To find a person to interview, contact your local health department. Depending on the size of the department, you may wish to ask to interview the director or else ask to be referred to someone who has participated in assessment and strategic planning. If you prefer, you could instead call your state health department; each state should have personnel who deal with coordinating strategic plans from individual counties, and one of these individuals might be a good person to interview. Your interview may be conducted over the phone or via e-mail, or in person if you prefer. (Note: You must transcribe or summarize your interview and post it.) Prepare your thoughts and questions carefully in advance so you can be succinct in your interview. In your interview, you should ask them questions along these lines, as well as any other questions you think are appropriate to the organization or individual you are working with: 1. How do you assess the needs of your community? How often do you conduct assessments? 2. What use did you make of the assessment data? Did you develop a strategic plan or something similar for your department and/or for the community? Please describe this plan. (For example, how detailed is it? Is it a long-range plan?) 3. What are your thoughts about the assessment process? How well is it working? What are specifc strengths of the process from your perspectives? Any barriers or difficulties to overcome? Then: # Identify the organization and title of the person you contacted (for privacy purposes, however, do not identify the name of the person you interviewed). # Summarize the findings of your interview, highlighting what you found most surprising or interesting regarding the challenges and benefits of the community health assessment process. Is there anything you would do differently or do you have suggestions for improvement? # Post a transcript or detailed summary of the interview as an attachment; this will allow other students who are interested to learn more about this organization's assessment process.
- How would you define ancillary services in your own words? What are at least three examples of ancillary services in health care? How do the ancillary services that you identified support the health care industry and contribute to patient care?
- Budget Legislation Once the budget has been prepared by the various agencies, it is often moved forward to the legislative body for authorization. The legislation process can result in unintended outcomes and restrictions. Search the internet and news reporting services for a story on an unintended outcome of interest to you and answer the following questions: How did politics shape the outcome in unexpected ways? Did “pork” spending or “apportionments and allotments” budget amendments affect the legislation? Did a mid-year crisis or change in revenue expectations substantially impact the budget legislative action? Performance Budgeting Performance budgeting has been attempted at the local level in recent years. Address the issues of performance budgeting while answering the following questions: What attributes of performance budgeting make it particularly suitable to local government budgeting? Will the same attributes be as useful at the federal level? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
- Using the internet, visit the tourism website of a state of your choice