ly in Med/Surg Nursing
A 4 page research paper that discusses the importance of the family in the health of society and examines the issues involved from the perspective of med/surg nursing. Bibliography lists 4 sources.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
- How do family traditions and cultural legacies contribute to and/or inhibit an individual’s self-identity? What do you know about your family history? How is this history shared, and how is it valued among individual family members? Beyond its literal meaning, what are the broader implications of the cliché’ “keeping the family name alive”? Or has this cliché outlived its validity?
- List your 2 or 3 favorite television shows or films and, in each case, describe the importance the show gives to family life. What family forms are presented in the show? Are families a source of happiness to people or not?
- Impact of stress on the family and the role of the family nurse practitioner in delivering care that is family centered
- Family Centered Health Promotion – Health Education, Promotion, and Current Challenges for Family Centered Health Promotion
- List three important items that belong within a project management plan, and the importance of breaking the project into phases. Please comment on the importance of obtaining sponsorship approval when concluding each phase of the project
- Importance of Theory in Nursing (graded) Develop a brief argument for the importance or significance of nursing theory in the profession of nursing.
- Your assignment is to write a 2-3 page essay in which you address the scenario below. Suppose that you have a house guest from another country. He is curious about the lifestyles that we tend to lead in the United States. He wants to know why there seems to be such a big problem with nutrition and lack of exercise. Explain to him why nutrition and exercise are important to the health of our society as a whole. Case assignment expectations: Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Please cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of your paper. LENGTH: 2-3 pages typed and double-spaced. The following items will be assessed in particular: 1. Your ability to explain why lifestyle factors such as nutrition and exercise are important to the health of a society 2. Some in-text references to modular background readings (APA formatting preferred) Be sure that your opinion is justified with evidence from the literature. Try to use several scholarly references for each assignment. All references should be cited properly in the text of the paper as well as at the end. Please limit your response to 3 pages maximum. Assignments are due on the Monday after a module ends.
- Personal Autonomy and Health Policy Choose a current health policy issue or law that has ongoing relevance in public health. Some options include, but are not limited to, banning trans fats in local municipalities, controlling the size of sugary drinks sold in restaurants, requiring nutrition information on menus, indoor and outdoor smoking bans, removing sugary drinks from schools, or mandating vaccines for health care workers or children entering school. Describe why the chosen policies or laws are controversial. In your response, discuss how these policies affect personal autonomy (the cost to the individual) to benefit society. Provide a professional statement* on why these policies and laws are important to the overall health of the community. *Personal and professional opinions may or may not align. It is very important in your employment to be able to provide a professional opinion, regardless of how it aligns with your personal beliefs. Professional opinions are based in research and fact and reflect the beliefs of the organization as a whole and all those who work for the organization.
- Choose a family in your community and conduct a family health assessment using the following questions below.
- Family Centered Health Promotion – The Form and Function of the Family