Improving Usability and interoperability are major issues to consider in the development of Healthcare Information Systems (HIS). How does your organization address these issues? Does the transfer of information occur smoothly, or do you need to re-enter data from one application to the next, e.g., patient information from the emergency room does not transfer along with the patient who is admitted to the critical care unit? Or, the patient is discharged and the home care nurses have to “start from scratch” as they prepare the patient’s plan of care.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- You are a state court judge. You have a first time offender in your court. His charge is armed robbery but he tells you his reason for the robbery was to support his drug addiction. He also tells you that he got involved with drugs while he was hanging out with his friends. He has waived his right to a jury trial and has asked you to decide the case and grant him treatment rather than prison time
- components of emergency management multi-agency interoperability methods that further enhance multi-agency communication infrastructure requirements for multi-agency preparedness the relationship of communication and interoperability to the success of emergency management and government structure
- Consider a research interest within field of study. Develop a synthesized 1,400-to 1,750-literature review in which you compare and contrast the four studies
- In Week One of this course, you were asked to find a child to observe. For this assignment, you will observe the child using the requirements below and summarize your observation. This can be done in one sitting, or it can be done in two since you will be conducting two different observations. Two is preferable for accuracy of assessment. For the observation you will need to: Be sure you have the permission of the child’s parent. Exclude any identifying information for this child (e.g., last name) Follow the guidelines on pages 141-144 of the course text regarding behaviors during the visit (ethical conduct, avoiding personal bias, etc.). Be sure you have the appropriate materials ready: You will need either a Running Record Form or an Anectodal Record Form, whichever you choose. For this form, you will choose one developmental domain to observe (e.g., cognitive, physical, motor, or language). You will need either a Time Sampling Form or an Event Sampling Form, whichever you choose. For this form, you will choose one developmental domain to observe (e.g., cognitive, physical, motor, or language). Example: Assessing “Bobby,” I would first observe his motor development using an anecdotal record form. In a different sitting, I would observe his cognitive development using an event sampling form. For the assignment, you will need to include: A title page. A copy of the completed Running Record Form or Anecdotal Record Form (remember this should address one domain). A copy of the completed Time-Sampling Form or Event Sampling Form (this should address a different domain). A one page summary of the observation(s). In this summary, include: How you felt the observation went and why. How receptive you feel the child was and why you feel that way (if using one of the video options state the reaction of the child upon being videotaped as you see it). The most challenging aspect of this observation. The most enjoyable aspect of this observation. What you learned from this experience. What you would change next time. A one-page paper providing some developmentally appropriate activities you might implement for this child in the classroom or daycare center to foster growth in each of the developmental domains you observed, and why those activities are a good fit for this child. Your two-page paper should be in proper 6th edition APA format. Remember to submit two written pages, both observation forms, and your title page in one document. Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- The online lectures and McMinn suggested some “cautions” or possible negative impacts when using prayer and Scripture in counseling. While suggesting these cautions in Christian counseling may appear superfluous, consider the most important therapeutic uses of Scripture and prayer in counseling by indicating how you would address treatment in the case below. Be aware that the case is very similar to an actual case encountered by one of our professors in his private practice. Make sure to adequately integrate class materials as you thoughtfully consider your approach.
- Health Information Systems (HIS): various components of business systems
- You are working at a local health and fitness center when you meet Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith is a 27 year old man who is approximately 40 pounds overweight. As you are taking his background information, he denies any past medical history of heart, kidney or lung disease, but does admit to being a smoker (almost 1 pack per day). Mr. Smith indicates that his fitness goals include weight loss.
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan. Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model. Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOT analysis and supply chain analysis. Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives: Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Market share Revenues and costs Profitability Competitive position Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Customer retention or turnover Customer satisfaction Customer value Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Measure of process performance Productivity or productivity improvement Operations metrics Impact of change on the organization Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Employee satisfaction Employee turnover or retention Level of organizational capability Nature of organizational culture or climate Technological innovation Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOT Analysis paper and table you completed in Week 3. Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Base your solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions that includes the following: Identify potential risks and mitigation plans Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies. Incorporate ethical implications Develop a metric and target for each strategic objective using a balanced scorecard format. Example: a strategic objective in the shareholder or financial perspective is to increase market share. A metric to actually measure this strategic objective of market share increase is, "The percentage of increase in market share." The target is the specific number to be achieved in a particular time period. The target for the metric of "Increase market share" could be "Increase market share by 2% for each of the next 3 years" of an increase of 2% per year for 3 years.) Outline a brief communication plan discussing how you will communicate the company's strategic objectives that includes the following: Define the purpose. Define the audience. Identify the channel(s) of communication and why you selected that channel. Format paper consistent with APA guidelines. Attachments Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.08 PM.png
- Outline the various roles, components, and applications of information systems, including management information systems (MISs)
- Critically examine bioethical issues in healthcare, research, and nursing Posted on 2nd October 2015 by Mike G in Assignments This assignment is intended to critically examine bioethical issues in healthcare, research, and nursing. This film is intended as a venue to stimulate critical thinking, analysis, generate discussion and discover understanding about underlying assumptions that influence your own perspectives about the meaning of bioethical theories and principles.As you watch the film, think, observe and reflect to address the following ethical framework listed below: Justice Based ethics, Right based Ethics, Duty based Ethics, and Virtue based Ethics. Focus on the roles and behaviors of the: nurse, physician, scientific community and society under each framework. Your assignment is to address the above roles as it relates to each of the framework with examples from the film. This paper should be the length that the writer determines is necessary to effectively convey the expected information.