The theoretical foundations of qualitative and quantitative methods are very different, but many researchers believe both methods should be used in the research study to increase validity and reliability. What advantages or disadvantages do you see in using both types of methods in a nursing study? Support your answer with current evidence-based literature.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
- ETH 316 Week 1 Week 1 Discussion Question: 1 One of your friends uses the terms ethics and morality interchangeably. You do not think this is correct. How would you explain the difference between ethics and morality? Provide an example of morality and one of ethics in your explanation. Week 1 Discussion Question: 2 Select two major ethical theories covered in your readings for Week One. What are the major differences between these two theories? Which one of these theories is most aligned to your personal beliefs? Explain. Week 1 Discussion Question: 3 What are examples of virtues, values, and moral concepts? How does each of these relate to one another? In what ways are they separate and in what ways are they connected? Week 1 Discussion Question: 4 In Ch. 6 of Basic Ethics, the author discusses the relationship of religion as it relates to morality and ethics. Using your own personal experiences as a resource, what, if any, relationship exists between religion, morality, and ethics? Explain your answer. · ETH 316 Week 1 Individual Assignment Ethics Essay. (600+ Words)
- Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity. Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business. Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must: Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. Example 1 Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market. Answer the following questions: Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain. What types of legal barriers to market entry exist? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example? Example 2 The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas. Answer the following questions: Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities? Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?
- Nursing Philosophy – (a( Introduction of what a nursing philosophy is and why it's important. (b) Discuss what influences as a nurse developing a personal nursing philosophy (c) Specify your own nursing philosophy (do no write in 1st person). Use language such as one nurse's formal education and experience generates a nursing philosophy that defines the nurse…
- Student Instructions For each assignment, you will use the M.U.S.E. link to complete the lab. Access the M.U.S.E. by clicking on Learning Materials. https://class.aiu-online.com/_layouts/MUSEViewer/MUSE.aspx?mid=3319400 In this lab, you will determine how an invasive species—the zebra and quagga mussel—affects other species in the freshwater lake. Use the animation to help you come up with an answer to the following: Why do you see increases and decreases in the invasive species population? What are the implications associated with these alterations to the ecosystem as a whole? The Effects of Zebra and Quagga Mussels Introduced into a Freshwater Lake As you have learned, population dynamics are caused by the biotic potential of the population and the effects of environmental resistance. When there is minimal environmental resistance impacting a population, it will exhibit a population explosion. One reason for minimal resistance could be factors that no longer regulate a population (e.g., predator decline or resource increases). Another reason for a population explosion is the introduction of an invasive species. Invasive species are species foreign to an ecosystem and are not immediately regulated by the environmental restraints of the particular ecosystem that they invade. This in turn allows their populations to grow seemingly uncontrolled and to displace other indigenous populations. Examples of such an invasive species into North America are dreissenid mussels, commonly known as zebra and quagga mussels. Their introduction into the Great Lakes has caused economic hardship and a reorganization of the ecosystem. This has led, in part, to pollution-causing effects that can be linked to an alga known as Cladophora. Ecosystems are webs of intricately balanced interactions, what happens when a new species is introduced that uses a disproportionate share of the ecosystem’s resources? Using the M.U.S.E. link, review the background information and animation to complete your report. Use the Lab 5 worksheet for assignment instructions and data collection.
- a policy analysis (Module 1 of the course) and a paper about the organization of health services in the U.S. (Module 2).
- Module 3 Lab Assignment: This module covers Chapters 6 – 8
- Consider a research interest within field of study. Develop a synthesized 1,400-to 1,750-literature review in which you compare and contrast the four studies
- Critically examine bioethical issues in healthcare, research, and nursing Posted on 2nd October 2015 by Mike G in Assignments This assignment is intended to critically examine bioethical issues in healthcare, research, and nursing. This film is intended as a venue to stimulate critical thinking, analysis, generate discussion and discover understanding about underlying assumptions that influence your own perspectives about the meaning of bioethical theories and principles.As you watch the film, think, observe and reflect to address the following ethical framework listed below: Justice Based ethics, Right based Ethics, Duty based Ethics, and Virtue based Ethics. Focus on the roles and behaviors of the: nurse, physician, scientific community and society under each framework. Your assignment is to address the above roles as it relates to each of the framework with examples from the film. This paper should be the length that the writer determines is necessary to effectively convey the expected information.
- Module 3 Discussion: What Would You Do?
- Module 01 Discussion – Agency Costs