According to Sharon, one of the hardest parts of nursing is having to deal with the death of a patient. “Someone goes into cardiac arrest and you do not know if they are going to live or die. If you ever get to the point where this does not bother you, it is time to change professions”
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
- Death Investigations and the Role of the Forensic Nurse Custom Essay Death Investigations and the Role of the Forensic Nurse INTRODUCTION “Above all, realize that nursing care doesn’t have to stop because a patient has expired. We can do so much more for people who suffered questionable deaths by focusing on forensics. Nurses can help families gain closure and assist law enforcement with their investigations because we have cared enough to maintain the integrity of the evidence.” (Erricksen, 2008, p. 43) This quote from Debbie Rice, RN, NREMT, an emergency nurse at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, FL, could be used to help define the role of forensic nurses in death investigations. All nurses, first and foremost, must care for their patients. That caring does not end when the patient is dead, but can help the death investigator to the best job possible in assisting in investigating the cause and manner of death.
- strategies you apply to deal with stress and the stress that patients and families deal with in a hospital setting
- . In light of the ADA, how should employers deal with employees afflicted by alcoholism? How should employers deal with religious advocacy or proselytizing by employees?
- What is the impact on patient care when having a NI in the hospital setting? Usage of patient technology Health care professionals communication Compliance
- Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity. Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business. Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must: Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. Example 1 Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market. Answer the following questions: Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain. What types of legal barriers to market entry exist? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example? Example 2 The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas. Answer the following questions: Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities? Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?
- Explain whether the elements of an ideal Sikh society exist in the U.S. and/or in other parts of the world.
- Which are all important parts of nursing excellence.
- Hygiene and cleanliness are important parts of nursing care provided to hospitalized patients. Discuss
- You are a consultant who has been hired to help a retail jewelry store reach out to new and existing customers. You have chosen to use a collaboration tool to help your client. Create a 6-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes for the management of the jewelry store that reveals your findings. Include the following criteria: Research collaboration tools using the Internet. Choose a product to help your client. Explain how the jewelry store could leverage the tool to serve customers. Explain how you could use Web 2.0 to expand market reach. Consider whether the jewelry store should expand to B2B and B2C. Explain your response and discuss the rationale. Include detailed speaker notes to discuss your findings and provide rationale. Complete the following in your presentation: Format the slides using a standard style or create your own. Insert a chart, graph, or table on at least one slide to show the advantages of the product you have selected. Create and insert a hyperlink to the company that makes sense for the product you have selected. Insert a video or animation that supports the message of your presentation. Cite at least two references in your presentation.
- Identify any challenges you have in setting up a linear programming problem in Excel, and solving it with Solver. Explain exactly what the challenges are and why they are challenging. Identify resources that can help you with that. Explain what the shadow price means in a maximization problem. Explain what this tells us from a management perspective