Mini-Project: Themes and the Write-Up
The write-up is the final stage of the research process, in which the researcher pulls together all of the data he or she has collected, analyzes the results for trends, and presents his or her findings and conclusions. This week you will conclude the interviewing Mini-Project that you have been working on since Week 7. For this, Application activity, you will review your coded data and prepare a write-up of your results.
To prepare for this Application:
- Review Chapter 9 in Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches; the examples of themes in “Stretching” Exercises for Qualitative Researchers; and pages 502–525 inQualitative Research and Evaluation Methods.
- Analyze your interview data. What larger themes do you see emerging from the data?
- Consider how you would present your findings to the reader, and ensure evidence of quality.
- Craft a 5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Analyze your interview data for themes.
- Prepare a write-up of your interview data.