Discuss the importance of sampling in research (your discussion should include information like: the difference between random and nonrandom sampling, how a researcher could manipulate the outcome of research based on how the sample was selected or how questions were asked, and the benefits and drawbacks of sampling, feel free to include anything else you think of). You have much latitude here so use your imagination.
mininmum of 400 words
- In Week One of this course, you were asked to find a child to observe. For this assignment, you will observe the child using the requirements below and summarize your observation. This can be done in one sitting, or it can be done in two since you will be conducting two different observations. Two is preferable for accuracy of assessment. For the observation you will need to: Be sure you have the permission of the child’s parent. Exclude any identifying information for this child (e.g., last name) Follow the guidelines on pages 141-144 of the course text regarding behaviors during the visit (ethical conduct, avoiding personal bias, etc.). Be sure you have the appropriate materials ready: You will need either a Running Record Form or an Anectodal Record Form, whichever you choose. For this form, you will choose one developmental domain to observe (e.g., cognitive, physical, motor, or language). You will need either a Time Sampling Form or an Event Sampling Form, whichever you choose. For this form, you will choose one developmental domain to observe (e.g., cognitive, physical, motor, or language). Example: Assessing “Bobby,” I would first observe his motor development using an anecdotal record form. In a different sitting, I would observe his cognitive development using an event sampling form. For the assignment, you will need to include: A title page. A copy of the completed Running Record Form or Anecdotal Record Form (remember this should address one domain). A copy of the completed Time-Sampling Form or Event Sampling Form (this should address a different domain). A one page summary of the observation(s). In this summary, include: How you felt the observation went and why. How receptive you feel the child was and why you feel that way (if using one of the video options state the reaction of the child upon being videotaped as you see it). The most challenging aspect of this observation. The most enjoyable aspect of this observation. What you learned from this experience. What you would change next time. A one-page paper providing some developmentally appropriate activities you might implement for this child in the classroom or daycare center to foster growth in each of the developmental domains you observed, and why those activities are a good fit for this child. Your two-page paper should be in proper 6th edition APA format. Remember to submit two written pages, both observation forms, and your title page in one document. Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- What is data? What is sampling? Explain the importance of sampling from a managerial perspective. Provide examples.
- Consider a research interest within field of study. Please consider your interest area carefully since this assignment is the beginning of your draft precis development. Interests are negative impact of distant learning on engagement, social development and learning theories, stress management techniques for graduate level students, self efficacy theories-http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4029015/. Select four recently published research articles related to your research interest; two quantitative and two qualitative research studies. You may substitute a mixed methods study for one of the qualitative or quantitative studies. Ensure that each of the studies you selected was published in a peer reviewed journal. 4 Literature sources should be retrieved from an academic or scholarly data base like proquest or ebsco host. Develop a synthesized 1,400-to 1,750-literature review in which you compare and contrast the four studies. Consider the following while constructing a logical and critical literature review: •What is already known about the research topic you are interested in? •What is not known about your topic; where is there a gap in the literature? •What further research might be worth pursuing in this area? Format your Literature Review in a manner that is consistent with APA guidelines.
- Critique of designs and sampling in research
- Discuss how a worker can experience health effects from a hazardous substance in their workplace when all the sampling results are below any occupational exposure level.
- quantitative data collection instruments and sampling methods available to researchers
- sampling design
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of at least 2 different sampling methods