Number of sources:5
Topic:Show how the dignity of the human person is at the heart of Catho lic teaching on social justice in Pacem in Terris.
Details:Show how the dignity of the human person is at the heart of Catholic teaching on social justice in Pacem in Terris.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- Evaluating a film for its significance to the study of social justice movements
- To make sure you are up to date on the special guidelines the GASB has declared, your manager asked you to research GASB Statement No. 56. He also asked you to show him, side by side, how government accounting journal entries might differ from for-profit journal entries in these similar events. Write 500–750 words that addresses the following: When was GASB Statement No. 56 initiated? In your own words, what is the essence of the new ruling? Why did the GASB probably deem it as being necessary? How might GASB Statement No. 56 change the activities of any accountant performing governmental accounting? Create journal entries for all of the following situations. On 10/1/2010, a for-profit Company A provides $100,000 of service to Company B. Company B plans to pay their bill 90 days later. Create the journal entry when the service is provided. Create the journal entry when the cash is received. On 12/1/2010, the city's recreation department receives a government grant of $100,000 specifically to use for next year's park upgrades, which will begin on 1/1/2011. Create the journal entry made when the cash is received. Create the journal entry to be made on 1/1/2011. A for-profit retail store buys $200,000 of inventory on 9/1/2010. Create the proper journal entry to show purchase of this inventory. A local city park buys $200,000 of food merchandise for later resale. It uses the purchase method to account for inventory. Create the proper journal entry for when this purchase is made. A nonprofit organization receives a $250,000 donation on 12/1/2011, but the donor specifically wants it spent in 2012. Create the journal entry or entries to show the proper recording of revenue (this may require more than on journal entry). Create the subsequent journal entry to show spending of the funds.
- For this Discussion, you will investigate how another organization conducts assessments. Begin by finding out whatever you can through Web searching about your local or state health department's approach to assessment and strategic planning. Find out also if there are initiatives at the state level to coordinate health assessments from the various communities in the state. If so, are there tools and forms available to do that? (See the Iowa state Web site as an example: http://www.idph.state.ia.us/chnahip/reports_2005.asp.) Then locate and interview someone who has been involved in community health assessment and strategic planning at either a local or state level. To find a person to interview, contact your local health department. Depending on the size of the department, you may wish to ask to interview the director or else ask to be referred to someone who has participated in assessment and strategic planning. If you prefer, you could instead call your state health department; each state should have personnel who deal with coordinating strategic plans from individual counties, and one of these individuals might be a good person to interview. Your interview may be conducted over the phone or via e-mail, or in person if you prefer. (Note: You must transcribe or summarize your interview and post it.) Prepare your thoughts and questions carefully in advance so you can be succinct in your interview. In your interview, you should ask them questions along these lines, as well as any other questions you think are appropriate to the organization or individual you are working with: 1. How do you assess the needs of your community? How often do you conduct assessments? 2. What use did you make of the assessment data? Did you develop a strategic plan or something similar for your department and/or for the community? Please describe this plan. (For example, how detailed is it? Is it a long-range plan?) 3. What are your thoughts about the assessment process? How well is it working? What are specifc strengths of the process from your perspectives? Any barriers or difficulties to overcome? Then: # Identify the organization and title of the person you contacted (for privacy purposes, however, do not identify the name of the person you interviewed). # Summarize the findings of your interview, highlighting what you found most surprising or interesting regarding the challenges and benefits of the community health assessment process. Is there anything you would do differently or do you have suggestions for improvement? # Post a transcript or detailed summary of the interview as an attachment; this will allow other students who are interested to learn more about this organization's assessment process.
- Write a short paper (maximum three pages, double-spaced) choosing one of these social work systems: child welfare, legal, or welfare (also known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF). How are social problems “typified” (or socially constructed) in this system? How are social justice issues framed in this system? Explain and evaluate what social workers do when working in this system (this is a micro system perspective). How do they obtain clients? How do they assess needs, and design and deliver interventions? What theoretical approaches guide their practices? (Refer back to Unit 4’s introductions on theoretical approaches.) How do they validate their processes and practices (how do they know their interventions work)? What do they need in terms of education, certification, and experience to work in this system? How does the social work system influence the social problems in this system? (This is a macro system perspective.) What is your appraisal of the relationship between the philosophical intentions of social work, the American mindset regarding this system and the people involved, and the social system itself?
- The major difference between a successful person and one that is not successful is that the successful person, over time, tends to make better decisions than the less successful person
- Compare and contrast the theorist with the major themes in the curriculum: Caring, Health, Learning, Nursing and Commitment to Human Dignity.
- Select a movie or TV show that effectively communicates the cultural, values and norms of a society that is different from your own culture. Ideally, this movie or TV show would be a foreign film with subtitles.
- List your 2 or 3 favorite television shows or films and, in each case, describe the importance the show gives to family life. What family forms are presented in the show? Are families a source of happiness to people or not?
- Discuss the pathophysiology of ONE • Ischaemic heart disease • Acute myocardial infarction • Heart failure
- Demonstrating how the dignity of the client/patient can be maintained through the provision and evaluation of nursing care.