The US minimum wage has long lagged the nation’s productivity growth and inflation rate such that it’s real wage effect is negative, that is, it hasn’t kept pace with either. Given this, what economic/social problems arise and how can a government “of the people” allow such a low wage level? Discuss this topic in about 150-200 words
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
- select two different states and locations (city or county) to compare the living wage estimates and poverty wage for a family with one adult and one child designated for the two states and selected locations.
- Minimum Wage
- Essay on a global societal problem from the following list: adult illiteracy, funding for General Education vs STEM in primary and secondary schools, minimum wage, oceans desertification, overcoming the digital divide, refugee (escaping persecution, war, or death) crises, species extinctions (modern), tax havens, Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), universal statement of human rights (pick one), airport security, or wealth disparity
- Determine the provider’s equilibrium wage and how many nursing units it will hire
- Use databases to locate a minimum of 10 secondary literature sources that closely relate to the nursing issue allocated below.
- Write a 250-word (minimum) reflection on the Toumin argument paper. Discuss what you have learned during the the Toulmin argument paper assignment and how it will assist you in upcoming papers. Include your strategies for capitalizing on your strengths and overcoming your weaknesses in order to become a successful writer. Remember to post your original reflection by Thur to provide time for a reply.
- Choose a Fortune 500 firm of your choice analyze it after collecting data and develop a consulting proposal and project using the concepts and material in the text and videos PowerPoint slides must accompany the project, 10 pages text minimum, and plus 10 power point slides.
- Your Assignment should be at least two full double-spaced pages in length, using size 12-point font in APA format. Be sure your paper is well written in paragraph form, with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Cite all sources used. Answer the following questions. What can be learned from the Tibetan culture about the mind and stress? What do the views espoused by theorists have in common? Explain your perspective. Describe one or more ways to cope with manage and/or resolve fear. Describe a minimum of five ways in which you can improve your communication style.
- The Pay-For-Performance initiative was designed to incentivize quality improvement in healthcare. This plan is controversial and there are many mixed opinions about its effectiveness. In 2-3 pages, discuss a minimum of two pros and two cons to the CMS Pay-for-Performance program.
- Conduct a literature search to locate at least one article that addresses the role of the nurse practitioner in improving patient safety and quality of care delivered. Once you have done this, prepare a posting in which you: Describe the role of the NP in promoting quality and safety in the U.S. health care system. Propose a minimum of three methods for the NP to ensure continuous improvement in the quality and safety of healthcare systems.