should make up 5 – 10 questions that you can really use when you interview at least three employers. All employers should be asked the same questions and you will include their responses in your PFP( Personal, Family, Profesionnal view point). These questions should be employer directed and have no personal pronouns (my, me or I).The paper also needs to be 5pages, double space. You need to include some references for this assignments.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
- In Week One of this course, you were asked to find a child to observe. For this assignment, you will observe the child using the requirements below and summarize your observation. This can be done in one sitting, or it can be done in two since you will be conducting two different observations. Two is preferable for accuracy of assessment. For the observation you will need to: Be sure you have the permission of the child’s parent. Exclude any identifying information for this child (e.g., last name) Follow the guidelines on pages 141-144 of the course text regarding behaviors during the visit (ethical conduct, avoiding personal bias, etc.). Be sure you have the appropriate materials ready: You will need either a Running Record Form or an Anectodal Record Form, whichever you choose. For this form, you will choose one developmental domain to observe (e.g., cognitive, physical, motor, or language). You will need either a Time Sampling Form or an Event Sampling Form, whichever you choose. For this form, you will choose one developmental domain to observe (e.g., cognitive, physical, motor, or language). Example: Assessing “Bobby,” I would first observe his motor development using an anecdotal record form. In a different sitting, I would observe his cognitive development using an event sampling form. For the assignment, you will need to include: A title page. A copy of the completed Running Record Form or Anecdotal Record Form (remember this should address one domain). A copy of the completed Time-Sampling Form or Event Sampling Form (this should address a different domain). A one page summary of the observation(s). In this summary, include: How you felt the observation went and why. How receptive you feel the child was and why you feel that way (if using one of the video options state the reaction of the child upon being videotaped as you see it). The most challenging aspect of this observation. The most enjoyable aspect of this observation. What you learned from this experience. What you would change next time. A one-page paper providing some developmentally appropriate activities you might implement for this child in the classroom or daycare center to foster growth in each of the developmental domains you observed, and why those activities are a good fit for this child. Your two-page paper should be in proper 6th edition APA format. Remember to submit two written pages, both observation forms, and your title page in one document. Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- Evaluating a film for its significance to the study of social justice movements
- Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity. Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business. Read each of the 2 examples below. Prepare a APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must: Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. Example 1 Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market. Answer the following questions: Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain. What types of legal barriers to market entry exist? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example? Example 2 The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas. Answer the following questions: Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities? Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge? What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?
- Choose a different company for this assignment than the ones you chose for the previous assignments in Weeks 1 and 2 (This could be the company you work for). Write a 700- to 1,050-word memo to the CEO. Include in this memo the following items supported by course concepts and real life examples: Choose two decision making tools, forecasting models or simulation models and describe how they would bring value to the organization. Discuss how constraints such as IT, limited capacity, technology and capital affect the company's supply chain. Format your memo according to APA guidelines.
- Personal Autonomy and Health Policy Choose a current health policy issue or law that has ongoing relevance in public health. Some options include, but are not limited to, banning trans fats in local municipalities, controlling the size of sugary drinks sold in restaurants, requiring nutrition information on menus, indoor and outdoor smoking bans, removing sugary drinks from schools, or mandating vaccines for health care workers or children entering school. Describe why the chosen policies or laws are controversial. In your response, discuss how these policies affect personal autonomy (the cost to the individual) to benefit society. Provide a professional statement* on why these policies and laws are important to the overall health of the community. *Personal and professional opinions may or may not align. It is very important in your employment to be able to provide a professional opinion, regardless of how it aligns with your personal beliefs. Professional opinions are based in research and fact and reflect the beliefs of the organization as a whole and all those who work for the organization.
- ROLE OF CONTROLLER: Juanita Veracruz, newly hired controller of Braxton Industries, had been lured away from a competitor to revitalize the controller’s department. Her first day on the job proved to be an eye-opener. One of her first interviews was with Adrian Belton, production supervisor in the Cleveland factory. Belton commented, “I really don’t want to talk to anyone from the controller’s office. The only time we see those accountants is when our costs go over their budget. They wave what they call a ‘performance report,’ but it’s actually just a bunch of numbers they make up. It has nothing to do with what happens on the shop floor. Besides, my men can’t afford the time to fill out all the paperwork those accountants want, so I just plug in some numbers and send it back. Now, if you’ll let me get back to important matters.…” Veracruz left quickly, but she was already planning for her next visit with Belton. 1. Identify some of the problems in the relationship between the controller’s department and the production departments (assuming that the Cleveland factory is representative of the production departments). 2. What should Juanita Veracruz do next?
- You are a consultant who has been hired to help a retail jewelry store reach out to new and existing customers. You have chosen to use a collaboration tool to help your client. Create a 6-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes for the management of the jewelry store that reveals your findings. Include the following criteria: Research collaboration tools using the Internet. Choose a product to help your client. Explain how the jewelry store could leverage the tool to serve customers. Explain how you could use Web 2.0 to expand market reach. Consider whether the jewelry store should expand to B2B and B2C. Explain your response and discuss the rationale. Include detailed speaker notes to discuss your findings and provide rationale. Complete the following in your presentation: Format the slides using a standard style or create your own. Insert a chart, graph, or table on at least one slide to show the advantages of the product you have selected. Create and insert a hyperlink to the company that makes sense for the product you have selected. Insert a video or animation that supports the message of your presentation. Cite at least two references in your presentation.
- . In light of the ADA, how should employers deal with employees afflicted by alcoholism? How should employers deal with religious advocacy or proselytizing by employees?
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan. Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model. Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOT analysis and supply chain analysis. Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives: Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Market share Revenues and costs Profitability Competitive position Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Customer retention or turnover Customer satisfaction Customer value Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Measure of process performance Productivity or productivity improvement Operations metrics Impact of change on the organization Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as: Employee satisfaction Employee turnover or retention Level of organizational capability Nature of organizational culture or climate Technological innovation Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOT Analysis paper and table you completed in Week 3. Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Base your solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions that includes the following: Identify potential risks and mitigation plans Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies. Incorporate ethical implications Develop a metric and target for each strategic objective using a balanced scorecard format. Example: a strategic objective in the shareholder or financial perspective is to increase market share. A metric to actually measure this strategic objective of market share increase is, "The percentage of increase in market share." The target is the specific number to be achieved in a particular time period. The target for the metric of "Increase market share" could be "Increase market share by 2% for each of the next 3 years" of an increase of 2% per year for 3 years.) Outline a brief communication plan discussing how you will communicate the company's strategic objectives that includes the following: Define the purpose. Define the audience. Identify the channel(s) of communication and why you selected that channel. Format paper consistent with APA guidelines. Attachments Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.17.08 PM.png
- Discuss Florida’s environmental problems of fossil fuels, tourism, population growth, water, mining and waste. Explain how Florida’s problems fit with national and global problems.